Over easy, calf, scrambled, poached, omeletted—nourishing and comforting, eggs come in all forms! You want to cook them like a French chef? Test this recipe for oeuf en croûte (eggs in crust) with country bread, accompanied by local green asparagus, by Pierre Augé. A seasonal treat, ideal for your weekend brunch!
The recipe for the egg crust of country bread & green asparagus
Ingredients (For 4 people):
- 4 eggs
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 100g (2/3 cup) flour
- 100g (2/3 cup) egg whites
- 100g (2/3 cup) of breadcrumbs
- Coursan balsamic vinegar
- Cook 4 eggs for 5 min 30 seconds in salted boiling water, cool, peel (remove shell)
- Prepare the breading with othef flour, egg whites and breadcrumbs.
- Cover eggs with breading and fry at 180°C (356°F) for about 30 seconds.
- Cook 1 bunch of green asparagus for 2 minutes in salted boiling water, cut them at an angle, season with olive oil, salt and Espelette pepper.
Place the breaded egg on the asparagus and pour 1 tablespoon of Coursan balsamic vinegar on top.
Pierre Augé: a refined bistronomic cuisine
At Pierre Augé, cooking is a family affair! With a butcher-shepherd father and a charcutier-butcher-caterer grandfather, the young man naturally turned to the kitchen, before graduating and working in Paris in prestigious establishments for a decade.
In 2014, he bought his father’s restaurant in Béziers after winning the show Top Chef. Renamed "La Maison de Petit Pierre", the eatery serves simple, generous and modern fare that gives pride of place to local and seasonal products. The only goal: to please the taste buds of the guests.
Between the loft and the country house, the restaurant offers four rooms with different atmospheres: bucolic and Mediterranean for the patio and the garden, friendly and welcoming for the restaurant room, subdued in the wine cellar in the basement, and more intimate in "the apartment" on the second floor.
From the simple main dish and dessert menu to the four and six-course tasting combo, the meal completely depends on your taste (and your curiosity)!