The train speeds off to bubbly encounters with the region of Champagne locatedclose to Paris. Raise a toast to good times with the family as you take ondiscovery tours of the vineyards – a UNESCO World Heritagestatus – feel a bit of the local vibe in Reims and Epernay and succumb to theindulgences of retail therapy in Troyes.
While in Reims
A delicious mix of history and the bubbly makes for a heady agenda in Reims, locatedless than an hour from Paris. Do not miss the famous Notre-Dame Cathedral,a UNESCO World Heritage site and also much revered as the coronation venue ofseveral French kings. A sound-and-light show at the cathedral on summerevenings makes history come alive. If it’s Champagne youseek, plan a discovery of celebrity Champagne cellars such as Pommery and GH Mumm,besides others, and savour some delicious tasting at the end!
Do not leave without pairing your flute of Champagne with Reims’s famouspink biscuits for a delicious palatable experience.
Preparefor a discovery of Epernay, which lies nestled within sprawling vineyards. Awalk down its famous UNESCO classified Avenue de Champagne acquaintsyou with the prestigious Champagne houses that grace this elegant boulevard.
DiscoverEpernay’s famous underground cellars that stock bubbly treasures! Head totasting bars such as C Comme Champagne tospend an evening with over 400 varieties of the bubbly! Discover the charmingvillage of Hautvillierswhere the bubbly was discovered by the monk Dom Perignon.The town’s charming wrought ironsigns perched above each house make for amusing encounters!
Troyes Made Easy
Shaped in the form of a champagne cork, Troyes offers you many reasons to visit.
If shopping brings a smile to your face, take the entire clan to the McArthurGlen designeroutlets that offer the best deals on branded shopping. Medieval Troyesinvitesyou for a discovery of its quaint half-timbered houses on a stroll throughitslanes. Add activities such as discovering the city through treasure hunts orgeocachingto enhance the fun quotient to your stay.
Enjoy a family outing to Essoyes,home of the Great Master Renoir to learn about the life and works of this greatartist!
Things to do with the Family
- Take the family on a discovery of the Champagne Tourist Route thatsees you interacting withwinegrowersand learning more about the bubbly.
- Make vineyard discoveries fun through hot-air balloon rides or on cyclesor in 4x4 vehicles.
- Go all sporty with accrobranching –a unique activity on trees promising unlimited fun for adults and kids.
- Discover cities through French vintage car rides ortest your culinary skills at fun cooking classes involvingchocolate or the famous pinkbiscuitof Reims!
Know Before You Go
• The TGV links Paris city centre and Reims in 45 minutes. Direct services fromParis CDG to Champagne Ardenne connect both destinations in under 30 minutes!
• Reims and Epernay are just 30 train minutes apart and enjoy frequentconnections.
Troyesis directly connected to Paris (90 minutes) but can also be reached fromEpernay (4 hours approximately and 2 train changes).