YOU know you are in Provence when lavender fields stretch as far as the eye can seeoutside your train window. It’s not just lavender that awaits you here... youhave a rendezvous with cosmopolitan Marseille, a cultural encounter withAvignon and the hilltop villages of Provence and chic St Tropez!
IrresistibleMarseille spins its magic on you! This cosmopolitan port invites you to feel apart of its vibe! While in Marseille:
- Visit its beautiful cathedral, Notre Dame de la Garde, which offers spectacular views of thecity, its OldPort andthe Canebière– the symbol of Marseille.
- Take a tour of Les Calanques – rugged natural fjords that are best explored by boat or foot.
- Spend relaxed evenings with a chilledglass of the local spirit Pastis! Can life get any better?
Active in Avignon
Of great religious importance in the past, modern-day Avignon manages to retain reminiscencesof its rich past. Include:
- A visit to the iconic Popes’ Palace,famous for its marvellous frescoes.
- Break into a song and dance at the famous Saint-Benezet Bridge, locally known as the Pontd’Avignon –the inspiration for the traditional folk song “Surle Pont d’ Avignon”.
- Discover the Old City of Avignon. Its typical streets with charming squares are truly reflective of theProvençal lifestyle.
- Wander off from Avignon to discover surrounding Provence – lavender fields, the quainthilltop villages of the Luberon orthe Alpilles.Include visits to St Remy de Provence andLes Baux de Provence for best views of the surroundingcountryside. Visit stunning Gordes thatseems carved out of a hilltop.Theochre-tinged façade of its stone buildings is sure to take your breath away.
- Visit the Roman city of Arles,famous for its amphitheatre or chic Aix-en-Provence knownfor its richly-decorated mansion houses.
FeelingChic in St Tropez
A glamorous holiday awaits at St Tropez, a vacation hotspot for the very rich andthe very famous! St Tropez invites you to:
- Visit its Old Port thatplays a gracious host to the yachts of the rich and the famous, its Citadel,a prominent landmark of the villagethat offers spectacular views of the city and the Musée de l’Annonciade whichhouses an impressive collection of modern art paintings.
- Spend time at its famous beaches including the Plage de Tahiti andthe Plage de Pampelonne with some of the best dining addresses intown.
- Take time off for a coffee at the charming central square, Placede Lices,for a feel of all things Tropezian!
All Together in Nice
This popular seaside resort on the Riviera proposes a plethora of activities thatcan be enjoyed ensemble.Read on to know more:
Discover Nice's popular attractions through the charming tourist train or through the Cyclopolitain,an electric tricycle. Take on treasure hunts that have you discovering the cityin a fun way!
Visit colorful open-air markets such as the Cours Saleya.Feel “arty” with visits to the Matisse Museum, MarcChagall Museum or Villa Massena.
Enjoy picnicking at Nice’s many parks and gardens. Spend enjoyable moments togetherat Castle Hill which offers many activities and games for kids or head to the Promenadedu Paillon –a green walkway that offers games, water mirrors andmist sprays for children.
It’sall fun and games at the Luna Park,Europe’s only indoor park which offers over 24 merry-go-rounds and a host ofother attractions that keep adults and children entertained.
Cannes lays out the red carpet for its visiting families. Your Cannes diary includes:
- Discoveries of popular attractions such as the Croisette for magnificent views of the bay and its public beaches. Outside the Palais des Festivals, home to the International Film Festival, feel all starry-eyed with a walk along the Path of Stars that has more than 300 frozen casts of tinsel-town celebrities.
- A visit to Le Suquet – Cannes’s oldest neighbourhood – for bird’s eye views of the city. Visit its medieval streets and the Forville market for a feel of all things local.
- A boat ride to the Lérins Islands such as Sainte Marguerite and Saint-Honorat allows many opportunities to connect with nature. Include visits to the Royal Fort, the Sea Museum and the Abbey of Lérinsduring your time here.
- Take the little ones to Fun City, which offers games and activities ensuring unlimited entertainment or strike a perfect ten at Cannes Bowling!
Fragrances,Panoramic Views and Aquatic Adventures
Take the train to discover more of the Riviera. We recommend:
- Grasse for its perfume factories of Fragonard, Galimard and Molinard.Participate inperfume workshops with your kids and create your own fragrance!
- Prettily perched on a hilltop, the quaint village of St Paul de Vence offersyou fantastic views of the coast. Art lovers should plan a stop at FondationMaeght forits impressive collectionof paintings and sculptures.
- An aquatic encounter awaits you at Marineland inAntibes.Witness spectacular shows which involvesealions, killer whales and dolphins. Do not forgettosay a quick bonjour to the polar bears thathappilycall Marineland their home!