The baptism of Clovis, the anointing of kings... Reims has been fashioned by all the high points of France’s History.
Just by strolling the streets of this city, you can discover a greatheritage. This is the city that houses the Notre Dame Cathedral, Saint-Rémi Basilica, Palais du Tau - all UNESCO WorldHeritage sites - and beautiful Art deco as well as the historic Reims circuits.
And when there, don't miss the chance to indulge yourself in the pleasures of fine food… and champagne!
Not to be missed
3 sites on the Unesco World Heritage list :
- Notre-Dame Cathedral :
Notre-Dame de Reims is one of Europe's most important Gothic structures. The 13th century cathedral has characteristics all its own, in particular its lighting, statuary and unity of style
- Palais du Tau :
Adjoining Notre-Dame cathedral, the Palace-Museum of Tau houses a fabulous treasuretrove, which includes Charlemagne's talisman. Nowhere else than here, the former residence of the archbishops of Reims, is the historic coexistence between the Church and the monarchy so intense.
- Saint-Remi Basilica and Abbey-Museum :
While Notre-Dame is impressive because of its soaring structure and luminosity, visitors are entranced by Saint-Remi's profundity and the feeling of intimacy that it arouses. In fact, this Romanesque-Gothic abbey church is characterized by its sober majesty.
- Fine Arts,
- Reddition (1945 German surrender),
- Former Jesuit College,
- Museum-Hôtel Le Vergeur,
- Reims Champagne Automobile Museum,
- Fort de la Pompelle
More to see
- Foujita Chapel - Place Royale (18th century)
- Reims Champagne Golf Course (18 holes)
- The top Champagne Houses
- Gallo-Roman Cryptoporticus
- Sainte-Clotilde Basilica
- TGV : 45 mn from Paris, 1h25 from Lille, 1h55 from Strasbourg, 2h10 from Brussels, 3h15 from Nantes and Rennes, 4h25 from Bordeaux
- Motorways : A4/E50 (from Paris or Germany), A26/E17 (from England), A34/E46 (from Belgium)
- Motor home parking area
- Boat harbour
2 rue Guillaume de Machault (near the Cathedral)
Tel : +33 (0)3 26 77 45 00
Fax: +33 (0)3 26 77 45 19