Latest information on Nice
- The Jazz Festival is cancelled
- The concert of Rihanna is cancelled
- La promenade des Anglais, between Carras, and Le
Theatre de Verdure is closed
Nice, a natural brilliance
Capital of the French Riviera, Nice is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Its assets are unique and numerous. Nice has an ideal location right between the Mediterranean Sea and the mountains, just a few kilometers from the Italian border. It boasts a mild climate, bright sun, diverse landscapes, and of course beautiful beaches with blue azure waters.
A city of history, culture, art, creation, events, leisure, nature, and culinary flavors, Nice combines an authentic charm with the conviviality of the Mediterranean by offering a host of activities and sites to visits.
Take an opportunity to visit the 20th-century collections in Nice's great museums and galleries, which house prestigious collections with contributions from Matisse, Chagall or even the famous School of Nice.
Thanks to the French Riviera Pass, you can receive discounts on some of the city's top guided tours and museums. Discover or rediscover Nice, a city of scents and flavors, through visiting the some of the many markets, boasting fresh flowers, vegetables, fruit and fish. Also don't miss the old town with its many narrow streets - its "Piazzetta" offers many other treasures.
Urban, cultural, seaside and culinary explorations are all awaiting you.
Not to be missed in Nice
- Museums: Chagall, Matisse, MAMAC, Beaux-Arts, Arts Asiatiques, Arts Naïfs
- Vieux-Nice (old city) : especially the flower market and baroque heritage
- Promenade des Anglais
- Castle hill
- Cimiez arenas
- The Belle Epoque itinerary
- The Russian church
Experience the best of Nice
The French Riviera Pass
- Free access to the greatest museums and cultural sites, plus receive a tour guide book filled with top destinations and transportation access
- Available options: 24h, 48h and 72h
- Guided visits of old city from the Tourism Office leave every Saturday at 9:30 a.m.
The Nice Carnaval is a major wintertime event on the Côte d’Azur that takes place every February around Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday). For the event, a procession of flowered floats and world-renowned floral competitions take over the city.
Nice-Côte d’Azur International Airport: links to 30 countries, 54 airlines and more than 100 direct flights
SNCF railway station: connected to all major cities
Motorway A 8: links to European capitals
Port used as starting point for many cruises, also NGV links to Corsica
5, promenade des Anglais
06302 Nice Cedex 4
Tel : +33 (0) 892 707 407
Fax: 33 (0)4 92 14 46 19