Rendez-vous in Lyon
A two thousand year old city, situated at the junction of the Rhône and Saône rivers, Lyon rests below the impressive Fourvière and Croix Rousse hills. In Lyon, visitors can take a unique journey through time and across cultures, by strolling down its narrow streets, crossing its “traboules“ (narrow secret passages), walking along its bustling docks, passing through its impressive squares, and seeing over 200 sites illuminated at night.
Not to be missed in Lyon
- Roman Theatres and Old Renaissance Lyon
- Fourvière Basilica and La Croix Rousse, with its silk-weavers’ workshops
- Cultural life: biennial arts festivals, national opera, dance, theatres, national orchestra
- Museums: Fine Arts, Cinéma-Lumière, Textiles, Gallo-Roman Civilization
- Illumination Scheme: over 200 sites are illuminated each evening
- Shopping, fashion, antiques, markets, squares, gardens
- Lyon’s gastronomy, from its small traditional cafes, to its fine dining restaurants
- Lyon along the Rhône and the Saône: boat trips, quays, riverbanks and bridges
- The vineyards: Beaujolais, Côtes Rôties, Côtes du Rhône
Experience Lyon during a weekend exploring the city, and its art of living
This package includes 2 nights in a hotel, 1 Lyon City Card, and a meal in a traditional Lyon restaurant. Lyon City Card gives access to 28 tourism activities, including museums, guided tours, boat trips (April/October), concerts, travel on public transport, as well as reductions and special offers. Prices start from € 150 per person.
- THE LYON DANCE BIENNALE: An international event that has helped make Lyon a quintessential location for dance; some even call Lyon the world capital of dance.
- THE LYON CONTEMPORARY ART BIENNALE: A prestigious international contemporary art exhibition, that showcases fine art from around the world in Lyon.
- LES NUITS DE FOURVIERE: In just over ten years, "Les Nuits de Fourvière" has become a major event on the international perfoming arts festival scene. It's now a leading summer festival and cultural event, attracting more than 100,000 people each year.
- THE FETE DES LUMIERES: Since 1852, every year on December 8th, the Lyonnais place small candles on their windows and head into the streets, where squares, churches, gardens and other public places are transformed under the lights.
3 high-speed-train stations: Lyon-Part Dieu, Lyon Perrache, Lyon Saint-Exupéry (2 hrs from the centre of Paris, and 1 hr 30 mins from Marseille)
Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport (40 mins from the city centre)
Motorways: A6, A7, A46, A42, A43 (460 km, ~285 miles from Paris)
Lyon Tourist Office
Place Bellecour BP 2254
69214 Lyon Cedex 02
Tel +33 472 77 69 69
Hotel booking : 0033 472 77 72 50
Fax: 0033 478 42 04 32